Advertise on Instagram
With Instagram being flooded with bloggers and influencers across all genres, sometimes a post or page may need a little added push to reach new customers. Advertising on Instagram allows you to do just that.
Follow this step by step guide to get started with advertising on Instagram, and you should have your ad up on Instagram in no time.
1: Create a business Page and profile
You must have a Facebook Page to run ads and create a free business profile on Instagram. If you don’t have one yet, create a Page.
To create a Business Profile
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on settings icon .
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile and select the Facebook Page you’d like to associate with your Business Profile on Instagram with.
- Make sure your profile is set to Public. Private accounts can’t switch to Business Accounts.
- On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review your business’s contact information, make any changes and tap Done.
2: Promote your post
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the post you’d like to promote.
- Below the post’s image, tap Promote.
3: Target your audience accurately
You can choose a custom name for this targeting if you wish to re-use your audience selection. Choose the location, age group, gender, and language of the users you wish to target. If this is your first ad, you may leave all of these options untouched, run your ad, and see what type of users respond best to it.
4: Budget & Duration
You can choose how much you would like to spend on your ad per day, or you can specify a total budget if you choose a start and end date for your ad. THis is something like running google searches ads. Depending on your ad objective, you can choose when you get charged by Instagram.
Additional information to advertise on instagram:
Credits to thedrum for the above information!